Thread: N8877R Now Belongs to Me

Premium Member (Donated) Emory Bored's Avatar

Default N8877R Now Belongs to Me

Well, the hosed up paperwork has been officially un-hosed. I looked at the FAA's N-number database this morning and found a current registration with my name. Previously there was a "warning, warning, this aircraft may not be suitable for operation" and a suspended CofA.

Joel Milloway is going to bring it home to Stead this coming week, weather willing, and I've found a local guy who probably can plumb me up to fly the darn thing.

I'm an official Rans Clan now.

Yahoo
    Dan

Administrator Site Admin RANSCLAN.com's Avatar

Congrats on the new airplane! It looks amazing. Can't go wrong with red, white, and blue. I painted both of my airplanes those colors. Time for some adventures now, HUH?
    Mark Pensenstadler
    Site Admin
    S-10 | S-6S | RV-7 | Cherokee 160 | Zenith Cruzer

Quote Originally Posted by RANSCLAN.com View Post
    Congrats on the new airplane! It looks amazing. Can't go wrong with red, white, and blue. I painted both of my airplanes those colors. Time for some adventures now, HUH?
    You bet, and knocking off all the rust that has accumulated on my sorry butt over the years. I took my Flight Review a couple of weeks ago but there is work to be done. I'm really stoked to be back in the seat.

Premium Member (Donated) maverick's Avatar

Congrats as well. Having been to Reno many x's, not airport, have been to Carson City. One of the older gents I met there, giving me the gate codes, worked for Thorp in Calif. many yrs. Interesting group out there....Murphy Moose to haul his dog, other examples apply.

@ Emory_Bored :

Congratulations on a fine plane. I read on some of the other boards about the arduous process you had to go through with FAA and more.

Wow, I learned a lot from those posts!!

I scan Barnstormers, TAP, etc. quite a bit. I think I'll pass on those offers of " Uncle Harry passed away 20 years ago and this great plane is sitting in the barn and sister Suzy's family trust is the current owner" .

The FAA can be a real adventure to deal with. You persevered and made it..that was great to hear.

The FAA people are all very helpful, but even they struggle tremendously with the bureaucracy. I'm in the middle of getting a medical situation straightened out and obviously....it's not much fun either.

I am glad you now have a clear title and valid tail number . Good on you. And yeah...as someone else said earlier.....the colors do look real nice.

" It's Always Something" - Gilda Radner (1946-1989)

" I love Horsepower, but love love love Torque "

" Nothings says poor workmanship like uneven duct tape "

Thanks Denali. You're next!