Thread: Seattle Avionics FLYQ EFB

Default Seattle Avionics FLYQ EFB

SA is scheduled to release their latest Ver. 3.0 in the next few weeks. I bought the package ( VFR + IFR ) but am waiting for the latest release in order to do a clean download. I have an iPad Air 2 + 128 GB memory.

Is anyone here using FlyQ EFB? Garmin and ForeFlight just were a tad more expensive. I chose Seattle Avionics.

Any comments.

Link: https://www.seattleavionics.com/FlyQEFB.aspx

" It's Always Something" - Gilda Radner (1946-1989)

" I love Horsepower, but love love love Torque "

" Nothings says poor workmanship like uneven duct tape "

Basic Member

I have been using FlyQ for several years. I am very pleased with it. I not only like the price, but on the demos I have seen, the number of screens that I go through to get to the feature I am wanting to access, is noticeable less with FlyQ.

Rivilan wrote:

the number of screens that I go through to get to the feature I am wanting to access, is noticeable less with FlyQ.
    Agreed. The idea of going through three or four or five steps to access what you want is not very ergonomic, especially in the air on a tablet. Their philosophy of two steps and you are there is great.

OMG...flashback...I can still hear those darn King training videos in my mind... "...Black Square and you are there..." for the runway signage. King...corny but effective.

Yeah...I'll do an updated PIREP on the Ver. 3.0 of FLYQ-EFB when it is released in the next week or so. I'm flying fairly regularly with a friend in his Cherokee as I am still no go due to my medical situation which should resolve by April. Maybe staying with LSA status is looking better and better every day .

Anyway...getting back to Seattle Avionics, I have also found their customer service to be excellent. That never hurts either.
    /rant
    " It's Always Something" - Gilda Radner (1946-1989)

" I love Horsepower, but love love love Torque "

" Nothings says poor workmanship like uneven duct tape "

I took a long look at the most popular three or four EFB's. Chose FlyQ for the ease of accessing and inputing information. Seattle Avionics is anticipating including an e-log book with version 3.0 or the next releases. I believe that will be a cool feature. Log book entry populates when you activate flight plan, if I understood the info SA sent me via e-mail with my new account. If you use Dynon Glass Panels, SA is the software supplier.

Doug May all your days be CAVU

Premium Member (Donated) s19flyer's Avatar

I have one of the original version of Fly Q on my iPhone 4 (yes you read that right) and it's been free since day 1

It's a good compliment to me Foreflight.

When this phone dies so does my free Fly Q version.
    Glenn
    Avid Flyer, S6ES, S19, S20
    Remember, I am not immune to mistakes!
    What works for me may not work for you.