Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brett's S-20 Build

Premium Member (Donated)

Mike and Steve,

Thanks for the feedback.

Steve, I've found your kitlog to be one of the most beneficial places for open comments about each step. The way you describe the step and follow with your notes and lessons learned is extremely helpful for rubes like me. The conduit test panels was a direct pull from your thread. It's also a great way to get keep my hands busy while patiently (impatiently) waiting for word from Shelly.

Brett
    S-20 Ordered, but I haven't built diddly-squat before

Premium Member (Donated)

Hey Brett,

Maybe mention to your friend to look into a parrot vise while waiting for his kit to arrive. I have a couple of them that I use for guitar building and find them pretty helpful for holding aircraft parts for deburring, rivetting, etc. Mounted them to boards so that I can move them around and just clamp the board where needed on my work benches.

I see you are in Florida, so your friend must be luring people with American beer? Hmm, think I'll go grab me a Canadian beer... more than makes up for the fact that it snowed here last night.

Good luck with the build... hope you don't have to wait too long to get started.

Al