Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rans open house/fly-in

Premium Member (Donated) GravityKnight's Avatar

Continued:

Sheldyne put on an aileron building seminar. Took a couple guys an hour or so to build both ailerons (they have never done this before of course). Pretty amazing how simple it goes together!!!

Breakfast with the guys Sunday Morning - Lucas (where you taxi to a regular gas pump, and park out front of a restaurant! always fun!)

Flying with Randy on Sunday - he had the 141 wing Raven out

And last but not least, a beautiful award winning S20 built by one of our (forum) own - Glenn! Nicely done man!

More to come, and I'm sure others will hopefully chime in with some interesting things about the weekend. But here is a preview to get started for those who couldn't attend.
    S6S 116 w/VGs|MGL/FDS/AoA
    114hp zipper912|homebuilt headers/muffler/ram-air
    75"WW STOL|22x8.50mains/21x8.00nose/custom fork
    YouTube Channel

@ GravityKnight :

Thank you for posting the fabulous pics. Bravo...

That S-21 look almost like it would snap together like an erector set project.

I'm looking forward to your future uploads.

Many of us are "stuck" and can't make it to a Fly In. Love the images.
    " It's Always Something" - Gilda Radner (1946-1989)

" I love Horsepower, but love love love Torque "

" Nothings says poor workmanship like uneven duct tape "

Premium Member (Donated) s19flyer's Avatar

Wish I would have gotten pics of their new hardware format

You don't get the little bags of bolts and nuts. They have a third party supplier that provides a large grey (or several depending on the need) cabinet with multiple yellow drawers that are labeled. Sweet!
    Glenn
    Avid Flyer, S6ES, S19, S20
    Remember, I am not immune to mistakes!
    What works for me may not work for you.

Premium Member (Donated) GravityKnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by s19flyer View Post
    Wish I would have gotten pics of their new hardware format

You don't get the little bags of bolts and nuts. They have a third party supplier that provides a large grey (or several depending on the need) cabinet with multiple yellow drawers that are labeled. Sweet!
    Oh I missed that...... cool!!
    S6S 116 w/VGs|MGL/FDS/AoA
    114hp zipper912|homebuilt headers/muffler/ram-air
    75"WW STOL|22x8.50mains/21x8.00nose/custom fork
    YouTube Channel

Premium Member (Donated)

Thank you so much for posting the pictures.

Basic Member

Randy, Shelly and the whole staff were amazing hosts. They put up with all my newbie questions with a smile. First ride in a Rans and I'm hooked! Definately a lot of fun.
    Forum question: I found a Barnstormers post for an S7 in Idaho. Where do I post to ask if anyone knows the builder or the plane?

I made a call for you Jmrryd, friend in Homdale, next sm. town W. of Napa. Mark knows most everyone, has an A.C. parts bus. Seller Trueblood bought the started kit from some one else, not finished. He bought the 914T used + installed it via 50 TTAF + 350 TTE. Mark, said "nice plane, thought he was trying to sell it for a while." Mark stated "Tom finished bldg. it to sell." Upon asking me the price, thought Tom had started out much higher, said "you wouldn't get hurt in it." Mark does bldr. asst., owned a S7, Son Ty a KF, now ag. pilot in Wash., respected history, knowledge, known regionally. Someone serious, most obviously, would contact the previous owner of the engine, logs. When I was out there a few back, John Roberts had a hangar 50' away from Mark, saw his gear on his own @ Homedale, on the Snake.Good luck.
    Last edited by maverick; 10-17-2017 at 04:20 PM.

Jmryd: Correction, line 4 & 5 "Tom" should read Todd. Mark stated he formerly employed by Ford Dlr., now realtor, i.e., ad "selling to pursue new bus. venture,"... probably prop. related.

Premium Member (Donated) WWhunter's Avatar

Jmryd,
    I'm contemplating selling my S7. I'm at a point in life that I need to 'thin the herd' a bit. My 172 is scheduled for it's annual this coming Monday and will be listed for sale also. Whatever sells first. Just sold my Kitfox this weekend so the I am getting the stable thinned!

Hi all, my name is Todd Trueblood. I was reading the post about my airplane for sale on Barnstormers. The complete story is this: The S7S is the second build for me, I purchased the kit from another person still in the crate untouched. It has a few options like carbon fiber cowlings, Roberts gear system with ACME shocks and more. I purchased the engine used from a Rotax repair shop in California that had removed it from a powered glider for a very brief over speed that had just came out of the shop for a maintenance inspection. The shop left the driveshaft bolts loose (pusher) and it came loose causing a brief over speed and was shut down by the pilot. The owner of the plane decided to replace the engine with a brand new one. According to Rotax a tear down inspection is required when this happens although the engine was running fine with no apparent damage. I purchased the engine and sent it directly to Ronnie Smith of Mississippi light sport to inspect. Ronnie tore the engine down and inspected everything from crank run out, bearings, gearbox, push rods ect, basically everything. He did replaced one piston from sludge of running AV gas and one valve, reassembled and ran the engine on his stand. Its all documented by Ronnie with a complete clean bill of health sticker in the log book. He said there was nothing wrong with the engine from an over speed, and said it was just like new. I completed the build and installed the engine and it runs fantastic and very smooth. This airplane is a show stopper! the paint and fabric are near perfect and is a lot of plane for the money. I had no intention of selling this one but I do have an opportunity to purchase a business so I am selling to finance the purchase. Mark & Ty Ferkin are friends of mine and has a business close to my hangar. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. Thank you! Todd