Thread: Which Fuel Sender?

Premium Member (Donated)

Default Which Fuel Sender?

Does anyone recognize what brand of fuel sender this is?

I didn't get any paperwork to let me know what brand fuel sender this is with the paperwork when I bought the plane ?

I am trying to find the calibration procedure for these as my fuel gauges are not reading correctly but I can't find the brand on anything on the sender.

Thanks
    Dan

IMG_2151.jpg

This looks like possibly a 0-5 volt sender, possibly capacitive type sender. The yellow pots are probably an adjustment for this old style. Of course I have two important questions. Did the previous owner use auto gas and did you start using avgas? Is the reading always reading lower than actual? If both are true, switch back to auto gas for awhile and the problem may clear up. At least that is what mine does. On the other hand, a recalibration may otherwise be required. This can likely be done with a volt meter to the yellow wire.

Premium Member (Donated)

Hi flygirl,

First, thank you for resoponding.

The answer to your first question is yes, I think!

However, I then tried auto fuel and the readings were still off, by a lot!

I then got the bright idea that calibrating would be as simple as filling the tanks full and adjusting the "Full" pot so that the gauge would read full.

Well, not!

I guess since it has a pot for full and one for empty there must be a procedure to adjust them so that there is a balance so that they read correctly.

That is why I was hoping to find which brand sensor I have so I could look up the official calibration procedure for them.

Thanks again!
    Dan