Thread: Main train S12XL modifications

Question Main train S12XL modifications

I would like to know if exist any modification to make stronger the main train, of the S12 XL? thanks

Did your main collapse? or do you just want to make stronger? do you fly off grass runway? I think if you put bigger wider tires it will spread the landing impact energy over more surface area (my opinion). bigger tires will roll easier over grass too. good luck

Thanks, I would like to know if somebody make changes to the main train?, I have tundra tires and I noticed the bolt near to the axle have shear, and the axle is easy to bend. I flyoff in cement runway, thanks again

I bought an old tired 1995 S12 and have refurbished it. The mains were all but worn out and axles bent, brakes not working and worn out. I replaced the total undercarrage including srtuts, wheels, brakes and axles and put tundra tyres on. Works very well now. The brakes are hydraulic and I used a handbrake on the joystick instead of the toe brakes. Works well, I can get photos if you wish. The biggest cost was getting the gear sent to Australia. A big saving if you live in the US.

Basic Member

Thumbs up Main train S12XL modifications

Quote Originally Posted by DownUnder View Post
    I bought an old tired 1995 S12 and have refurbished it. The mains were all but worn out and axles bent, brakes not working and worn out. I replaced the total undercarrage including srtuts, wheels, brakes and axles and put tundra tyres on. Works very well now. The brakes are hydraulic and I used a handbrake on the joystick instead of the toe brakes. Works well, I can get photos if you wish. The biggest cost was getting the gear sent to Australia. A big saving if you live in the US.
    Morning Downunder
    Can you post the photos of you undercarrage or forward them to me at cooperedd at gmail dot com, as I have the same problem here in South Africa off field.
    Regards
    Eddie

Hi Eddie, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have been away from home and internet for about three months, this is the first time I have been on and won't be home for another month but if you still need photos and details I can certainly get them to you then.
    I arranged it all thru Rans, Eddie I think was the man there. It all came to together very well after that.

Cheers
    Dennis (DownUnder)