Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for some Rans advice/opinions... newbie

Premium Member (Donated) WWhunter's Avatar

Little off the main topic of this question (even with it being a year old) but anyone posting about trying to find something 'cheap or inexpensive' always seems to put up the red flag for me. Cheap to one guy may be petty cash to the next guy. I wish people would post what their real budget is whenever they pose these comparison or in search of type threads.
    I guess these threads always get me to think about a family member and his long time desire to fly. I have a brother that has been trying for close to 20 years to find something cheap so he can fly. Well, guess what? If he would have taken to money he has spent on all these cheap projects and combined them, he would be flying today instead of still looking for something cheap. Yes, he is still looking! and hasn't gotten into the air yet.

I concur. Not initially, but later, asked budget of "Newbie seeking S6, 7, Kitfox, Zenith, decisions'' Much later, only after req. his home field elev., ht., wt., etc. per 700 -800' strip. Not to be nosey, just to further assist.

Basic Member

I own an S-12S and it does not have room for cargo. Gross weight max is 1150 lbs, which means full fuel, myself (170 lb) and at most a 200 lb passenger. So, if you want to travel with any kind of baggage, go with the S-6 or S-7.

Basic Member

I own an S-12S and there is no real room for cargo. I love the plane and the side-by-side seating, but with a max gross weight of 1150 lbs, with full fuel there is only room for myself (170 lbs) and maximum 200 lb passenger. I am trying to come up with a place to put some cargo, but the plane itself has no handy space that is clear of cables and such. If you want to carry any kind of luggage, so with the S-6 or S-7, or at least something with the 1320 lb gross weight limit.